The length of Santa Rosa Beach on Hwy 30-A is a small coastal area on the Gulf with a population of over 12,000 people. It has had a lot of new house growth in the past 5 years, and new home construction is aimed at the upper-middle to wealthy classes. About 90% of the working population is employed in white-collar jobs. Long term residents of Walton county are now moving out after being paid a healthy sum for long-held real estate. Housing costs in Santa Rosa Beach are among the highest in the nation, but it’s still a good deal compared to the most expensive estate communities in South Florida.
The population in Santa Rosa Beach is larger during tourist season, but overall it’s a quieter place to live. Low population density and few groups of who have a tendency to be noisy makes Santa Rosa Beach a quiet place to live overall. If you like quiet, you will enjoy it. One of the nice things about is that the area is nautical, which means that parts are historic and touch the ocean or inlets and bays. And the number of people with college degrees in this area is twice the national average, so you can chat about the newest ideas with your neighbor on the beach.
To begin with, however, what does one need to look for in a neighborhood? When buying a home, there are certain lifestyle considerations to take into account. When buy a upscale home or estate, the questions are slightly different:
- Are you looking for an investment or a place to live?
- Will you live there full-time or part-time?
- How well will you fit in the the local residents’ lifestyle?
- What about upkeep costs?
- Do you want to spend more time on the beach or shopping or dining out? What about sports such as golf or tennis?
- How important is access to local cultural and sports events to you? Will you need quick access to a large airport? What about a private airport?
- What about unpredictable future income situations? If the stock market goes down,can you afford the sort of lifestyle that the area demands?
- Have you asked about upkeep costs and the solidity of utilities and construction? What looks great on the surface is not always the same underneath?
- What about private security? What about schools for kids?
The stores and shops of Santa Rosa Beach cater to those with distinctive taste who desire the precious and unique. There are also upscale beach shops for those who want to feign bohemianism. Fine homes can range anywhere from $500,000 to $10 million.
Top neighborhoods include
- Sea Side
- Ally’s Beach
- Water Color
- Water Sound