Looking for some FUN games that the whole family can play? Finding entertaining things to do can be hard, especially when a large family gets together. Here are some suggestions for good CLEAN ways to make family gatherings more eventful and meaningful.
- Pictionary is always a fave. The rules are simple. Guess the word. Players have to identify words from teammates’ drawings.Charades is a similar classic. The rules are to act out words or phrases.
- Card games such as Shanghai Rummy, Spades are great. There are Shedding games where players begin with a hand of cards, and have to be the first player to get rid of all cards from their hand. Try Crazy Eights and Daihinmin or Phase 10 or Rummikub. Remember the children’s game Old Maid?
- There are also Accumulating games where the object is to get all cards in the deck. Try Slapjack or Egyptian War. What about Fishing games like Scopa or maybe Cassino? Seep is a classic Indian fishing card game.
- Scattergories is played by 2-to-6-players. The way to score points is by naming objects in a sets of categories from an initial letter by a time limit. Go for it!
- Scavenger Hunts or Scavenger Dogs is organizers make a list certain items. Players have to try to find all items on the list or do tasks or take photographs of the items. The goal is to be the first one to finish the list, sometimes in the most creative way.
- Going over old photos is always easy and heart-touching. Make new memories by reviewing old memories!
- Sing-alongs can be SILLY but lots of fun. Just let your hair down and let your inner child out. The Chicken Dance and the Hokey Pokey are goofy, but kids love it!
- Electronic Catch Phrase is a riot! Get two teams and choose a category for the game and whatever word is on the screen. You have to say anything and everything but not the word one the screen.
- What about the “Dictionary Game”? Have a first person looks up a word in the dictionary and write down the definition of the word on a small piece of paper. Everyone else writes down their personal definition the word. Then everyone passes their answer to the one who picked the word. Someone reads all the definitions including the real one, and the other players pick one of the definitions. If people vote for your definition, you get a point. Simple but fun!
- Get disposable cameras and see who can take the most interesting or weird picture.
- “Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader” is a cool game, also Cranium and Taboo.
Whatever you decide to play, remember that the point is to have fun, not to win. Be a good winner a